WE HELP ENSURE YOU DON’T FALL VICTIM TO THE MANY PITFALLS THAT CAN BE MADE WHEN WORKING WITH YOUR BUILDER WHICH ARE OFTEN INCONVENIENT, COSTLY AND STRESSFUL.
Keeping you protected and legal
By the end of this stage we will:
- We make sure the builder you wish to appoint passes through our due diligence process so you are protected against unnecessary additional costs before you sign contracts with your chosen builder
- We produce a project programme for the works clarifying how long your project should take and detailing the key milestones the builder is tasked to complete, during each week of your build.
- We produce a suggested payment schedule so you and your builder can agree payment terms in advance. This way, you know when and how much to pay the builder.
- Complete all relevant legislation i.e. The Party Wall Act (1996), Health and Safety etc.
- Ensure the project is fully insured by all parties.
- Ensure that a brick match test is carried out so your extension matches the original structure.
- Ensure a recognised legal building contract is in place and signed by you and the builder, prior to the commencement of works
PROGRAMME OF WORKS
We prepare and build a bespoke Programme of Works tailor made for your building project. We calculate how long each phase of the works will take and produce a report for the builder to work towards.
The programme of works will include which tradesmen are due on site, for what reason and for how long.
Your payment schedule will make sure you know how much to pay the builder and at what stages.
This ensures you avoid making any deposits upfront and permits you to make sure all of the work has been completed to your satisfaction before final payment is issued
We ensure that the builder matches the new bricks, mortar and roofing tiles / slates with your existing property.
By checking materials that the builder is proposing to use, before they are ordered, we can achieve as perfect a match as possible.
We will make sure your project is legal and you are protected by ensuring we are complying with the party wall act.
We will also prepare your builders contract. This will cover all aspects of your build and ensure you are protected for the whole of your building project.